Monday, July 23, 2007

ANIME STUDIO | HMMMMMmmm.

A new (well its' new to me) vector animation software has come to my attention. Anime Studio might be worth checking into if you were going to stay kicking around in the realm of flashy lookin shows or web animation.

However if you're a good animator, draftsman and have already found a nice companionship with the established work-arounds of making flash do what you want, you probably are best sticking to what you already know. But who knows right?

The interface looks pretty complicated, but I guess so did flash when I first saw it. I'm sure the rigging bonus comes in handy.

Now, I firmly believe that flashy looking shows have run their course. I believe that the market is looking for higher quality shows then the typical slippy slidey shows like Odd Job Jack, Happy Tree Friends or Carl Squared. The quality bar is being raised and with it being raised do programs like Toon Boom and Anime Studio still offer the same amount of value as flash?



Again I think the software is just an extension of your personal skillsets. If you already have the fundementals of animation mastered and can design, pose and draw like the wind with great appeal, I think it really doesn't matter what software you use.

Well I'm sure Anime Studio won't make me a better animator, but it does make me wanna try it out!

Gene.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7/24/2007 12:03:00 PM , Blogger Mike Frenette said...

Couldn't have put it better myself, "I firmly believe that flashy looking shows have run their course."

Let's go back to classical! Seroiusly.

Oh you meant flashy looking shows... not flash shows in general... nevermind.

Hehe, just kidding. But I'm not... :P

 
At 7/26/2007 12:41:00 PM , Blogger neven said...

as much as everyone wants to do classical animation, I doubt that many of us here are actually up to the task. Good classical animation looks a million times better than flashy cut outs, however it takes a lot of planning and skills on a whole new level. we are just going to have to work our way up to it. Thats what I've been trying to do for the past 2 years anyway :)

 
At 7/26/2007 08:07:00 PM , Blogger Gene Fowler said...

Well, with shows like Supa Strikas and especially with 3 delivery in production at the studio, I hope you boys and girls are ready for Traditional animation!

 
At 7/28/2007 07:20:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

yo yo,
may be its just because the production costs of "flash" looking puppetry animation was so appealing to indie studios that it totally saturated the market.

imho - no matter how close, the world of traditional values can not be mimicked via cut-outs or 3D. it can come pretty effin' close - but there is a whole "art" behind creating classical animation.

if the fliescher bros could produce so many cartoons on small staff than i think with the skill and resource pool in this generation, it kind of eliminates the excuse that it can't be done.

though anime studio looks impressive, RETAS! Pro is still probably top-notch :/

www.retas.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


bloginator
get blogitron!