Saturday, September 08, 2007

SILVERLIGHT 1.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED

Hey Kittens!

Long time no see! Bah! I know, I've been busy, you've been busy, my people will contact your people...

Anywho's here's some interesting tidbits about Microsoft's brand new competitor to flash. That's right, no longer is flash sitting cozy amongst browsers everywhere; as of September 5th Silverlight is on the prowl!

So beware and be ready for the new web 3.0! Not only can Silverlight connect your browser to big Hollywood debut movies in stunning VC-1 codec at staggering 1080p resolutions, but now Silverlight connects via Microsoft's programming standard .net framework! What does that mean? Get ready to rock teh web both online and offline! Of course, if you're running a Windows environment. But Microsoft did say that they are in the works for a fully working Linux version...YAY, but what about us Mac fans? Yep, nothin'. When will Bill and Steve get a long?

How's that tickle yer feet Jon? Ya, I didn't think so either!

2 Comments:

At 9/10/2007 03:02:00 PM , Blogger Scotty A said...

I read all that stuff... I still don't know what it is!

 
At 9/11/2007 04:44:00 PM , Blogger Left_Wing_Fox said...

You know what, I honestly don't think this deals with Animation at all. Everything I've seen is Visual Studio programming plug-ins and video encoders, rather than drawing tools or timelines.

I'm more curious if Toonboom is going to take advantage of these to compete with Flash as more than just an animation tool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


bloginator
get blogitron!