Monday, July 09, 2007

RATATOUILLE | YES NO?

Illustration by Nate Wragg.

I went and saw Ratatouille just this past weekend. In a theatre filled with kiddies, I think it was visually Pixar's best yet, however the wee kiddies got bored after about 30 minutes.

Never the less it was a stunning display of animation, acting, special effects and well everything! My one gripe is story, did anyone notice a subtraction of substantial character arcs in this one?
Joe Ranft would have caught this stuff me thinks.

Thoughts?

gene.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7/09/2007 10:22:00 PM , Blogger ZSL said...

Definitely not a film for kids. For the first time in a long time, an animated film in theaters meant for adults and of high quality. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Although I do wonder what became of the other chefs near the end of the movie. The ones who walked out. yar.

 
At 7/10/2007 07:25:00 AM , Blogger BLABLABLA STUDIOS said...

I enjoyed it too hey. Brad Bird should have his own statue by now... There were a few bits and pieces that could have been better, story wise, but other than that, I'll be added to the DVD collection for sure!

 
At 7/10/2007 01:18:00 PM , Blogger DaveR said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


bloginator
get blogitron!